SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER
As a senior mechanical designer at Nobleo, you translate the wishes of our customers into technical solutions. You design and develop the mechanical architecture and layout, frames of machines, and mechanical subsystems. You cooperate with colleagues from other disciplines like control engineering and electronics. You report to the projectleader and you coach junior mechanical designers.
You are responsible for:
- Creation of the project plan in consultation with the project leader.
- Independent execution of the mechanical design activities from concept to documentation.
- Creation of technical specifications and performing concept studies.
- Creation of main and detailed design in Solidworks or Unigrahics (Pro/E, CATIA, Autocad 3D).
- Execution of calculations for (parts of) the design in Matlab or Ansys.
- Teaming up with supply chain partners and taking care in a proactive way that your design can be manufactured according quality, cost and leadtime requirements.
- You are a BSc or MSc with at least 4 years of working experience. You have theoretical and practical experience of mechanical design, preferably in high tech systems. Also candidates with multiple years of experience in mechanical design for automotive or for production facilities (factories, offshore) are invited to apply.
- It is a preference if you have interest or basic knowledge about adjacent fields in mechatronics such as control engineering and electronics.
- Able to think at system/conceptual level, but you also work hands-on
- Analytical skills
- Passion for technology
- Ambitious, proactive and result-oriented
- Flexibility w.r.t. the nature of your assignment and our variety of customers
- Preferably you have an active network in Industry (customers, partners, suppliers)
Location: multiple locations